Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Passion




This beauty is the youngest of my four children. She is the reason I took a leap of faith and stepped out and started this almost 2 years ago. She is the one who gives me courage to run every morning, to fight, to push, to try.





We didn't know when I was pregnant with Lilah that she would be a special needs child. Every test and ultrasound showed she was "normal." God placed her in our care for a reason. As hard as some days are being the Mother of four, and one having special needs, I would not change my life.





I remember when I decided I would begin this new adventure. I was so full of FEAR. I didn't have the knowledge, I just knew I loved doing it, and we needed some income to fill in the gaps that raising a special needs child requires.





I remember writing a local photographer and pouring my heart out that I would be starting this. I wrote that I had no intention of taking clients, being a "competition", or taking from their business. I just needed to help my family.





I remember asking for help, feeling like a deer in head lights, lost, unworthy, and more. I remember trying to research(still do), ask questions( still do TOO much of this), and do what I could to learn.





So much of this journey in photography as taught me about myself as a special needs Mother...heck, just a Mother...period!





I put myself, my "work", my art, my "hobby", my passion...all of me into each session. I have SO much to learn, but what I will always do is remain true to myself and my family.






I am not in this to "make a name" for myself or be "better" than someone else. I am in this to capture the moments and memories of others and give them priceless gifts they will cherish forever.





I am doing this, when and how I can, for my family.

No comments: